Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Contradictory Music Preferences

Very often you can tell the personality of a person by the music he listens to. In todays youth you have the HipHoppers, Skaters, Punk-Fans, Metal-Fans, Ravers and so on. And usually you will find their CD collection dominated by one genre. But what if a person goes all crossover? Here's a sample of what you will find in my CD-shelf:

Fatboy Slim: You've Come A Long Way, Baby; Halfway Between The Gutter And The Stars; Palookaville. Prodigy: Fat Of The Land; Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned. Massive Attack: Mezzanine; 100th Window. Linkin Park: Hybrid Theory; Reanimation; Meteora. Limp Bizkit: Significant Other; Chocolate Starfish And The Hotdog Boiled Water; Results May Vary. Staind: Break The Cycle. Rage Against The Machine: Renegades; Battle Of Los Angeles. As for Rap there goes Wu-Tang Clan, Red & Meth, RZA, Black Eyed Peas, Eminem, Snoop Dogg, Dr. Dre, Ludacris Funkdoobiest, House of Pain, Soul Assassins and a lot of Cypress Hill.

And most of these albums are on constant rotation on my stereo! There will be times when I'll dig Electronic music and then I'll be bumping the oldschool Hip Hop joints! Yeah, nowadays Cypress Hill, HoP, Wu-Tang, Dr. Dre and so qualify as oldschool. It's all Nelly, 50 Cent & G-Unit, Ludacris, Nitty and whoever you will see on MTV. I kinda like the songs but not that much, that it will make me buy their album. I also think Snoop Dogg hasn't made a decent album in years! Yes, he puts out good singles by times but have you listened to his recent albums? Pretty flat and after a while it just sounds like a 50 Cent album. But Snoop kicks ass on collabos. No disrespect to the Neptunes who make awesome beats (also own one of their albums) but today nobody makes the good ol' raw cuts we had back in the 90's.... Back in the day you could listen to an entire album and dig every song. Now you will like the first video/single a rap artist puts out and the rest of the album is dispensable.

I also like to attend concerts of the bands I like. Here's what I can come up with from my memory: Many Cypress Hill concerts, also the Black Eyed Peas, who are one of the most amazing live bands ever. Gotta check out their show if you have the chance. Believe me, you will not regret it. Underworld (was a crazy concert, especially this girl from Liverpool who danced with me during the entire show. Afterwards she introduced me to her husband. Talking about akwardness....). Delinquent Habits (one of the best concerts EVER, it was a 18 age limit show and later I found out why: They were passing around booze to the audience and drank with us! The show lasted 2,5 hours and they rocked the house. Just a classic moment!). "Anger Management 2003" with Xzibit, Cypress Hill, 50 Cent and then Eminem. The biggest concert I've attended so far (25,000). Blink 182 in Texas (was pretty lame though). Cody Chessnut (pretty good), 3 Doors Down (Was a private concert during the "Final Four Tournament" last year. It was pretty good but I didn't know too many of their songs) and Limp Bizkit, which was amazing! It was the night before my last day on my old job I quit, and it was the perfect occasion to let out all of my anger. Hehe... Thanks Fred for rocking the house! This one definitely makes my Top 3 list. Oh, I ought to mention some dude called "50 Pesos" who hit the stage last year in Cancuns "Senor Frogs" club. They announced him as the "mexican 50 Cent". hehe. Don't know if this qualifies as a concert but I had to throw this one in, because Cancun is the greatest place on the world.
I'm sure there are still some other concerts I have attended but I can't remember them right now. Anyway, I think this gives you an idea of how versatile and open minded I am in musical preferences....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home