Thursday, April 14, 2005

NFL Schedule 2005

The NFL just released their new schedule for the coming season. I'm a Cowboys fan and don't like that they will play three of their first four games on the road in California! San Diego, San Francisco and Oakland, only interrupted by one homegame against Washington in Week 2. They will also only have two Monday Night Football appearances (Weeks 2: Washington and Week 10: @Philadelphia) and the obligatory Thanksgiving Game (Denver) but who's surprised after last seasons "success". But hey, things can only go better and I really like their defensive additions. They should be able to finish 2nd in the NFC East and hopefully make the playoffs. But they close out the season on three roadies in five weeks (@NYG, @WAS, @CAR) and the final game against the St. Louis Rams. Definitely not an easy schedule!

Let's move on to the NBA: The San Antonio Spurs have revealed their motto for the playoffs: One Team. One Goal. Pretty neat. Of course I don't have to tell you what the goal is. "3 outta 6", that's all I'm saying. We'll be using this as sub-motto too during the playoffs here at Raise The Game. Go Spurs Go!

Let me say a quick word about Glenn "Big Dog" Robinson. He sure was greeted with a lot of suspicision and doubt when he arrived in San Antonio by the analysts of Rotowire, Fanball, Stats Inc. and so on. Heck, even by me! We are talking about a guy who hasn't played a NBA-game in more than one year and was reportedly in bad shape. Also his last stint in Philly didn't go too well as expected. But hey, take a look: He has been averaging 15.2 minutes and 7.5 points in his first six games with the Spurs and has really contributed well, due to his standards. He might be the key to San Antonios playoff-run, because they can always use a shooter. His field goal-percentage has been a bit shaky but he scores most of his points at the foul line. And that's not a bad thing in the playoffs if you are able to get yourself to the line. So, keep a close eye on Big Dog during the following weeks....

5 Comments:

At 5:08 PM, Blogger EiO IMAGES/ Kerry Haas said...

Since you don't have an email link I'll post my reply to your rude little comment here.

No obsession, no relation either. Ever lose a loved one to cancer? I have and if you have you might understand it. I've been meaning to put up a page like this anyway when I read about his misfortune today it seemed fitting.

Next time email me

kerry.haas@gmail.com

 
At 1:20 AM, Blogger s said...

hi johnnyyyyy =D, heheh, i'm back in the UK! my blog feels tiny and insignificant next to yours heehee, keep it up!

 
At 6:55 AM, Blogger Johnny Plow said...

oh c'mon sheena! your blog is way more frequented than mine, even though I had a record 37 visitors yesterday. :-) Have you read my "ramblings, part I"? ;)

 
At 2:53 AM, Blogger s said...

sure have =)whats your email address? you've only just started and you already have many readers *grins*

 
At 7:39 AM, Blogger Johnny Plow said...

I posted my addy on your site... :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home