Saturday, May 21, 2005

Playoff Picks, Conference Finals

Yep, now it's down to the Final Four almost everyone has expected! Let me quickly recap my picks of the Semifinals: (as usual, the actual result in brackets)

DAL PHO 2-4 (2-4)
SEA SAS 1-4 (2-4)
WAS MIA 1-4 (0-4)
IND DET 2-4 (2-4)

Once again I predicted the winner of every series correctly and nailed two series! That improves my record to 12-0, including 7 Slam Dunks. In the First Round I missed three series by only one game, in the second one two. That gives me a margin of error of only five!

Sorry for Mark from Sports etc. and of course the entire Mavericks organization and fans, but I knew you would fall short against Phoenix. I think they missed Van Horn more than some may realize. And I hate to admit it, but Dirk was just awful during the entire playoffs. He displayed leadership by calling out Eric Dampier (Did you notice how even Shaq made fun on his expense?), but who was there to call him out? Well, let's see what Marc Cuban will do during this offseason. and oh, by the way: What the hell was Jason Terry doing on that last play that led to Nash's tying Three? It sure wasn't playing defense....

Alright, it's time for the picks.

San Antonio Spurs VS Phoenix Suns (4-2)
I expected this Conference Final the entire season! Now it's there and I have a real good feeling about the Spurs' chances! After the impressive displays against Denver and Seattle they can be very confident heading into this series. And Manu is just playing out of his mind! I have to acquire his jersey as a tribute to his outstanding play asap! The Spurs had no problem handling the Suns during the regular season (When Timmy was playing), the proved that they can stop their frantic play. And remember how Tony Parker owned Steve Nash in the Conference Finals two years ago? Steve's D hasn't improved and that MVP won't help him chase Tony, Beno and Manu, so expect huge outings by them!

Detroit Pistons VS Miami Heat (3-4)
In my cocky way I once said, that I don't care who we (the Spurs) win our 3rd title against. I still don't but wouldn't it be fun to show Shaq how we do? I don't know, but I still don't like him. Probably because in my mind I still regard him as a Laker. And this is Wade's team, he carries it. That whole "Shaq was snubbed of the MVP-debate" is moot imho.
But on the other hand, I would like to see the Spurs win the title against the defending Champion because that would show the doubters who was the true champ last year (But thanks to Derek Fisher we had freakin' Chauncey "Journeyman" Billups win the Finals MVP). Did you know he's the only Finals MVP not to make the Allstar Game the following season? Because of Flash I'm picking Miami in seven but if Shaq doesn't gets healthy, Detroit will take it in six.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home